Thursday 29 November 2018

Plan update 29-11-18 & 6-12-18 & 11-12-18

29-11-18

After practicing with the camera and playing around with the settings I have decided to film as many of the scenes inside as I can as the weather has been inconsistent which would make it difficult to get consistency within the shoes, especially if I need to re-film any shots. I also found out that I may have to get some lights in order to make the shots clear as the test shots I did were quite dark and thats not how I want them to look. I also tested the shots that I planned out in my storyboard and a lot of them did't look as good as I planned so rather than shooting all of the shots from behind the character I will vary my shots more so only the ones that look right are shot from behind. I felt that using over the shoulder shots often obstructed the camera and blocked out too much of what was going on in front of the person. I found that the shots that looked best like this were the ones that had high key backlighting as it brought the attention to what was going on in the background and not to the person obstructing the camera. I also figured out how to change the focus when I was filming which means I can deepen the depth of field to make the audience focus on what is going on behind. 



Using the natural lighting in the house also made everything look very yellow so I  may have a play around with the effects in Premier Pro to see if I can balance the colour. If it still doesn't look right then I'll take out some lighting equipment and see if using white light looks better than just the lighting from the lights in the house. (update 11-12-18- I played around with premier pro and found that there were limited tools in order to balance the colour therefore I will take out some lighting equipment and test it and I will also try filming some shots earlier in the day so I can test natural lighting)


I played around with different camera angles in order to make the shots look more interesting. I can't tell if I like the way this looks but I will try it again when I'm actually filming as it's easy to do and won't take much extra time. I also changed where I filmed in order to create shadows as I like the way playing with shadows looks in films. I don't think the lighting was quite right in this shot so I will try changing the position and angle I'm filming from.













































No comments:

Post a Comment