Tuesday 6 November 2018

initial ideas

Short film planning

Film inspiration:
1. Wasp - themes & social realism style eg. Hand held camera & diegetic sound
2. Stutterer - voice over from a single person as if the audience are inside the main protagonists head
3.About a girl - story being told through a child & portrayal of social issues
4. La Jetee - use of still images with a voice over to tell the story (not throughout the whole of my film)

Setting
House
Garden
The story feels like it’s happening close to home

Characters
A family
Dad
Mum
Only child
(Can use family to save the trouble of finding people to be in the film)

Mise-en-scene + editing
Lighting lesson: red and blue gel to cover flashing light to make it look like police lights
Natural light & normal house lighting to increase verisimilitude.
Natural lighting and maybe a spotlight to draw the attention of the audience to where I want it to be.
Backlighting in order to make people closer to the camera appear as silhouettes
long shot duration
low angle shots - perspective of a child

The general narrative of my film follows a young boy living in an abusive household. The narrative will be simple however the action will be implied as I will cut the camera every time it’s obvious that something is about to happen. I wanted to keep the narrative simple as the film is only 5 minutes and I didn’t want to give myself too much to do and not be able to make it look as good as I want it to. It will mostly use diegetic sound however I will ass some music to build tension to help build up to the implied action. The film will be shot with mostly over the shoulder shots of the child watching the action occur so that the audience feel like they’ve been put into the story in the child’s position. I want to make the film sad as well as building a lot of tension to keep it interesting.









No comments:

Post a Comment